Cluster training: Effective Engagement with Stakeholders
Governors of the South Hunsley and Howden Cluster
Outline of event:
Effective stakeholder engagement has a large and positive impact on children’s learning. Listening to stakeholders is a fundamental element of governance, not an optional extra, but is in danger of being overlooked.
The Ofsted Inspection Handbook states that inspectors will consider:
'whether leaders engage with learners, parents, their community and
employers to plan and support the education and training that learners get'
In addition to this the Governance Handbook states:
‘As the strategic leaders of their organisations it is vital that boards are connected with, and answerable to, the communities they serve, particularly parents/carers.’
This event will explore interventions, approaches and practices that are most effective in promoting stakeholder engagement.
This event will take place at South Cave CE VC Primary School, Church Street, South Cave, Brough, HU15 2EP, 7.00pm to 9.00pm.
Learning and Teaching Outcomes:
This session will enable youi to:
- Understand why parents are so important in school
- Engage with parents and other stakeholders effectively
- Know how to establish a culture of effective parental participation
- Determine a policy for parental engagement
- Build productive relationships, create a sense of trust and shared ownership of the organisation’s strategy, vision and operational performance.
We expect that all CPD will involve integral evaluation processes
item code ~ event 258
Event Facilitator: Lisa Devine