Governor Cluster Training (Beverley) Improving Outcomes For Disadvantaged Pupils: What Does It Mean For Governors?
Governors within the Beverley Cluster
Outline of event:
Following the introduction of the 'ASPIRE Charter' East Riding schools have committed to address the barriers to learning that financial disadvantage can bring and the effect that it can have on the attainment of each individual disadvantaged pupil. This event is specifically focused on increasing governors' awareness of their role in supporting and challenging schools in order to improve the outcomes of disadvantaged pupils. This is particularly relevant at this time as the current Ofsted Framework increases the inspection emphasis on tracking the progress of the disadvantaged; accounting for the effective use of the pupil premium and evaluating the role played by leaders within the school, in terms of securing improved outcomes for disadvantaged pupils.
The event will take place at St Mary's CE VC Primary School, Eden Rd, Beverley, HU17 7HD - 6.00pm to 8.00pm.
Learning and Teaching Outcomes:
As a result of this event, governors will:
* Be able to explain the expectations for schools to improve outcomes for disadvantaged pupils, including the role of governors in the Ofsted Framework.
* Be aware of the current local and national context, including research, guidance, strategies for improvement and support that is available.
* Understand the common barriers to learning for disadvantaged pupils.
* Recognise and be aware of best practice and strategies that have been used to effectively to improve outcomes for disadvantaged pupils.
* Be confident about asking challenging questions regarding provision for disadvantaged pupils and the use of the Pupil Premium Grant.
* Understand the importance of evaluating the impact of all actions taken to ensure that resources are being used to maximise impact.
We expect that all CPD will involve integral evaluation processes
Governors may wish to familiarise themselves with the latest ASPIRE booklet which can be found on the ASPIRE page of the ILS section of the eRiding website.
item code ~ event 231
Event Facilitator: Lisa Devine