Experienced Designated Teachers Training - Primary Schools - Autumn Session
This training is for staff who support children looked after (CLA) and / or previously looked after children (PLAC) within their primary school. Special School colleagues are welcome to attend this training.
Outline of event:
The aim of this training is to support schools, designated teachers and governors to work towards the development of outstanding practice in relation to supporting CLA and PLAC pupils within the primary school.
The key areas of focus will include:
• Statutory guidance updates
• Further developing the role of the Designated teacher
• Updates from the Virtual School, DFE and other agencies relating to CLA/PLAC
• The views of CLA young people
• Sharing good practice
• Behaviour policies
Within the session, colleagues will have the opportunity to reflect on existing practice within their schools and identify actions which will further strengthen this.
This training is from 13:15 to 16:00.
Refreshments will be provided.
Cost: FREE. Please note that non-attendance on the day will result in a charge of £20.
Venue: Tickton Grange Hotel, Main Street, Tickton, HU17 9SH. Parking spaces will be available at Tickton Grange.
The training will be delivered by the Vulnerable Children's Education Team (VCET).
Learning and Teaching Outcomes:
• To further develop the role of the designated teacher
• To further understanding of key issues relating to CLA/PLAC
• To continue to develop best practice in relation to PEP/LAC Premium and systems in school
• To share best practice
• To gain an awareness of recent legislation, research and guidance which impact upon CLA/PLAC
• To work together to consider ways in which key policies can be developed to reflect the needs of CLA/PLAC
We expect that all CPD will involve integral evaluation processes
Duration: this is a half day PM event
item code ~ event 226
Event Facilitator: Ben Lewis