CLA training for new and developing designated teachers – Primary, Secondary & Special School staff
This training is for new and developing designated teachers who are involved with the education of children looked after (CLA) and / or previously looked after children (PLAC). Special School colleagues are welcome to attend this training.
Outline of event:
This full day training is to empower new and/or recent designated teachers to fulfil their role by providing them with the knowledge and understanding of how to effectively promote the education of CLA/PLAC.
The course will have a focus on the importance of this role in making a significant difference for CLA/PLAC.
There will be a session about how to produce a good or outstanding PEP document and effective use of LAC premium to maximise progress.
What to include in an effective annual report will be covered to enable the designated teacher to provide governors with appropriate information to fulfil their role.
This training is from 09:30 to 15:30.
Refreshments and lunch will be provided.
Cost: FREE. Please note that non-attendance on the day will result in a charge of £40.
Ace Centre, Manorfield Road, Driffield, YO25 5HR. Parking is available on Manorfield Road.
Goole Leisure Centre, North Street, DN14 5QX. Parking is available at the leisure centre.
The training will be delivered by the Vulnerable Children's Education Team (VCET).
Learning and Teaching Outcomes:
• To understand the roles and responsibilities of the designated teacher
• To know how to complete the East Riding PEP document
• To gain an understanding of the effective use of LAC Premium
• To understand the impact of being looked after on a child’s education
• To increase knowledge about the impact of trauma and loss on CLA and PLAC pupils
• To understand the importance of relationship building for CLA/PLAC pupils
• To explore a range of strategies and evidence-based interventions to help overcome barriers to learning
• To share, discuss and reflect on good practice
We expect that all CPD will involve integral evaluation processes
Duration: this is a full day event
item code ~ event 225
Event Facilitator: Ben Lewis