Health and Safety for Governors
Outline of event:
This event will explore the strategic role and function which governors must understand and undertake within schools.
Event Facilitator: Garry Smith, Health and Safety Services Manager.
This event will take place at County Hall, Beverley, 6.30pm to 8.30pm
Learning and Teaching Outcomes:
After completing this session, participants will:
- Gain an appreciation of the relevant health and safety legislation pertinent to schools including the requirement to produce a health and safety policy reflecting adequate management arrangements
- Understand the role of the head teacher in the day to day management of health, safety and well-being within the school.
- Have the confidence and ability to scrutinise relevant reports produced by the headteacher and third parties. (Critical Friends)
- Understand the governor roles and responsibilities regarding health and safety.
- Recognise the accountability of Governors relative to specific projects such as self funded building improvements.
We expect that all CPD will involve integral evaluation processes
Governors are asked to familiarise themselves with the schools health and safety policy and any health and safety reports produced.
Duration: this is a 2 hr twilight event
professional or governor standards:
G1c G1e G2f G4a G5a
item code ~ event 209
Event Facilitator: Lisa Devine