New Governor Induction
Outline of event:
The role of the school governor is complex and challenging. It is essential that the governing board is well prepared and understands the scope of their role and the different requirements. This event is designed as an induction for new governors, exploring the three core function of the governing board.
This event will take place at County Hall, 6.00pm-9.00pm.
Learning and Teaching Outcomes:
At the end of this event participants will be able to:
* describe the three essential roles of governing boards
* explain the current Ofsted framework
* explain some key principles of financial management
* identify the main responsibilities of governing boards
* identify the support available for governing boards
We expect that all CPD will involve integral evaluation processes
professional or governor standards:
G1b G2a G2d G3a G4a G5a
item code ~ event 192
Event Facilitator: Lisa Devine