Ofsted Readiness for Governors
Governors (particularly from schools in the Ofsted window)
Outline of event:
Ofsted is increasing its focus on inspecting the quality of governance in schools. The new Ofsted schedule places increased emphasis on the roles and responsibilities of the Governing Board.
This training event prepares Governors for the latest Ofsted schedule.
This event will take place between 6.30pm to 8.30pm.
Learning and Teaching Outcomes:
After completing this session, participants should be able to:
* explain the key changes and core judgements of Ofsted including short inspections
* interpret the four core judgements
* gain an overview of the grade descriptions for the above
* focus on how Inspectors will evaluate the effectiveness of governance within Leadership and Management
* consider implications for the governing board in terms of preparation and challenge
We expect that all CPD will involve integral evaluation processes
Duration: this is a 2 hr twilight event
professional or governor standards:
G1a G1c G2a G2f G4a G5a G6b
item code ~ event 187
Event Facilitator: Lisa Devine