Educational Visits - Training for Ski Visit Organisers
Staff who wish to organise and lead ski visits abroad - for both novice and experienced staff (there is no charge for those who have organised at least 3 previous ski visits)
Outline of event:
ERYC ski visit organiser twilight (16.00-18.00) training course. This course has been designed for those staff wishing to organise and lead ski visits abroad, especially for the first time (N.B. this is not the nationally-recognized Snowsport Course Organiser Award, but a bespoke course organised by East Riding staff). Experienced ski visit leaders are also invited to attend and share ideas and information and to provide helpful advice. The organisation and leadership of school ski visits is considerably more complex and demanding than many other school visits, and staff are recommended to undertake this training at an early stage of the planning process. This is a great opportunity to learn and share best practice regarding the organisation and leadership of ski visits abroad.
This course will run from 16.00 to 18.00
For schools/academies which have bought in to the Educational Visits and Outdoor Learning SLA the charge will be £12pp.
For schools/academies which have not bought in to the Educational Visits and Outdoor Learning SLA the charge will be £50pp.
Feedback from previous course participants-
"Excellent course - lots of information and contacts"
"Useful - lots of information"
"Found this course very, very useful"
"Some excellent resources and some really, really good tips"
Learning and Teaching Outcomes:
By the end of the course, participants should have the knowledge and skills to plan and lead ski visits abroad successfully and safely.
In particular, participants will be made aware of-
* the potential benefits and hazards associated with ski visits
* the roles and responsibilities of visit organisers and leaders
* relevant LA and national guidance/policy/procedures
* how to find and choose suitable tour operators
* relevant information to give parents and pupils
* recommended arrangements regarding insurance, finances, passports, lift passes, transport, ski hire and equipment, accommodation, ski instruction, non-supervised skiing, staffing and supervision, apres-ski etc.
* how to identify and manage risks reasonably and proportionately
* how to access further training, support, and advice
We expect that all CPD will involve integral evaluation processes
Bring brochures and other information from previous ski visits
item code ~ event 156
Event Facilitator: Taff Bowles