Educational Visits - Training for new Educational Visits Coordinators (EVCs) and Headteachers
New educational visits coordinators (EVCs) and headteachers
Outline of event:
FULL DAY - All new EVCs must attend an initial day's training course to clarify their roles and responsibilities. It is also important for head teachers to be fully aware of their responsibilities regarding educational visits. The course examines legal and Health and Safety issues, and illustrates the processes involved in risk assessment and management, and in the notification and approval of visits.
For schools/academies which have bought in to the Educational Visits and Outdoor Learning SLA the charge will be £35pp.
For schools/academies which have not bought in to the Educational Visits and Outdoor Learning SLA the charge will be £180pp.
For EVCs/Headteachers who cannot attend a full day central course, it might be possible to arrange an intensive half day course inhouse instead. Please contact the LA Educational Visits Officer for further information.
Feedback from previous course participants-
* I really enjoyed the course and gained lots of information from the day. But most of all, it was delivered in such a positive and enthusiastic way and this made the day so enjoyable
* Excellent, practical course - superbly led
* Thank you - exceedingly informative
* The course was immensely informative and. I feel more confident and knowledgeable regarding my role
Learning and Teaching Outcomes:
By the end of the course, participants should be aware of:
* the potential benefits and risks associated with educational visits and learning outside the classroom
* the roles and responsibilities of the EVC and head teacher
* LA guidance/policy/procedures
* requirements within the school's own visits policy
* the legal framework and requirements
* recommended risk assessment procedures
* how to identify and manage risks reasonably and proportionately
* how to assess and approve visits
* how to use ROVER and view details of all the school's visits online
* how to access further support and advice
Planned outcomes for the school include:
* more staff training regarding the planning and leadership of visits
* increased competence and confidence amongst staff to lead visits
* an increase in the number of educational visits and outdoor learning opportunities
We expect that all CPD will involve integral evaluation processes
Bring a copy of the school's educational visits policy and example documentation from past visits.
Refer to the guidance on the Ed Visits webpage on www.eriding.net
item code ~ event 154
Event Facilitator: Taff Bowles