EYFS: Support Staff Refresher
Teaching Assistants, Nursery Nurses or Support Staff working in EYFS
Outline of event:
This course will remind support staff about the statutory requirements for working in the EYFS and update them about best practice in teaching and learning for children in Early Years.
During the day there will be opportunities to reflect, develop ideas and build on existing knowledge and experience through discussions with colleagues.
"Every child deserves the best possible start in life and the support that enables them to fulfil their potential," (Statutory Framework for the early years foundation stage: Setting the standards for learning, development and care for children from birth to five - April 2017).
Learning and Teaching Outcomes:
Delegates will be more confident to support children's learning in a developmentally appropriate manner.
The course will cover:
* The EYFS statutory requirements
* The principles underpinning the EYFS
* How learning is assessed in EYFS (Including - Development Matters, Profile and Prime and Specific Areas of Learning)
* The Unique child and the Characteristics of Effective Learning
* The EYFS planning cycle - observation, assessment and planning
* The adults' role in EYFS (including working with parents and carers)
We expect that all CPD will involve integral evaluation processes
EYFS Development Matters 2012 (complete document)
Statutory Framework for the EYFS
EYFS Profile Handbook 2019
EYFS documents can be found at www.eriding.net/eyfs
Duration: this is a full day event
item code ~ event 139
Event Facilitator: Emerald Grant