EYFS: Science in the Early Years
Early Years Staff
Outline of event:
This session is interactive and practical. It will look at taking the characteristics of effective learning to engage children in working and thinking scientifically, maintaining their curiosity and understanding about the world.
The session aims to use playing and exploring alongside creating and thinking critically to increase learning and development in a cross-curricular but scientifically focused way.
Learning and Teaching Outcomes:
* gain knowledge of how to teach 'working scientifically'.
* know how to promote and 'maintain the curiosity' of children.
* know how to extend the characteristics of effective learning linked to the teaching of Understanding the World.
* have an increased knowledge of teaching early years children scientifically while enabling them to enter Year 1 as confident, young scientists.
* Increase in Science K & U for adults and children (by raising awareness of misconceptions)
We expect that all CPD will involve integral evaluation processes
Come prepared on the day to take part in practical activities
Duration: this is a full day event
professional or governor standards:
1a 2b 3b 4b
item code ~ event 136
Event Facilitator: Emerald Grant