EYFS: New Support Staff
Teaching Assistants, Nursery Nurses or Support Staff new to working in EYFS
Outline of event:
This course will inform support staff about the statutory requirements for working in the EYFS as well as exploring ways to develop and improve their practice within the underpinning principles of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
"Every child deserves the best possible start in life and the support that enables them to fulfil their potential," (Statutory Framework for the early years foundation stage: Setting the standards for learning, development and care for children from birth to five - April 2017).
Learning and Teaching Outcomes:
Delegates will be more confident to support children's learning in a developmentally appropriate manner.
The course will cover:
* The EYFS statutory requirements
* The principles underpinning the EYFS
* How learning is assessed in EYFS (Including - Development Matters, Profile and Prime and Specific Areas of Learning)
* The Unique child and the Characteristics of Effective Learning
* The EYFS planning cycle - observation, assessment and planning
* The adults' role in EYFS (including working with parents and carers)
We expect that all CPD will involve integral evaluation processes
EYFS Development Matters 2012 (complete document)
Statutory Framework for the EYFS
EYFS Profile Handbook 2018 (please update with 2019 version if this is available)
EYFS documents can be found at www.eriding.net/eyfs
Duration: this is a full day event
item code ~ event 134
Event Facilitator: Emerald Grant