EYFS: Statutory Moderation Workshops
All EYFS teachers
Outline of event:
This event continues to be statutory.
We are continuing with the format for these workshops based on the successful evaluations in 2018.
The day will support practitioners in developing their assessment and moderation practice to ensure accuracy and consistency.
Current national and local assessment materials and guidance will be shared.
The session will also be an opportunity to moderate with other schools and share best practice in teaching early years.
Learning and Teaching Outcomes:
Complete the statutory duty of attending annual moderation training
* Gain a greater understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
* Develop effective formative assessment and moderation
* Enhance observational assessment and recording
* Develop strategies for whole staff involvement in the
* Use data effectively in school
* Ensure the continuity of learning for all children moving into Year 1
* Improve outcomes for children
We expect that all CPD will involve integral evaluation processes
Practitioners will be expected to bring children's evidence for learning and progress.
The acceptance letter will confirm further information about the specific materials that delegates will be required to bring on the day.
Duration: this is a full day event
item code ~ event 133
Event Facilitator: Emerald Grant