Primary Languages - Demonstrating Progress over four years
Primary Languages teachers and leaders
Outline of event:
This is a full day interactive event at a central venue for both specialist and non-specialist language teachers.
We are now into the third year of statutory primary language teaching throughout Key Stage 2 which presents a range of challenges. This event aims to give practical ideas, advice and resources for ensuring that pupils make good progress over the course of their language learning.
Learning and Teaching Outcomes:
Attendance at the events will support and enable participants to:
* understand local and national issues in primary modern language teaching and learning and how to address these
* analyse current practice and determine areas for improvement and intervention
* have a deeper understanding of successful pedagogy and effective practice and be able to implement improvements in the classroom
* evaluate the impact of any actions and developments in the context of their own school in relation to pupil progress
* know how to assess effectively to ensure secure pupil progress
We expect that all CPD will involve integral evaluation processes
Delegates will be notified of any pre-reading or resources required for the course.
These will be made available to all delegates
Duration: this is a full day event
professional or governor standards:
1a 2a 2b 3a 4b 4d 6b
item code ~ event 116
Event Facilitator: Kay Ray