Primary Subject Leadership - Driving School Improvement as a new Subject Leader - of particular interest to RQTs
Primary teachers new, almost new or returning to subject leadership - particularly Maths and English. It will also be of particular interest to NQTs or RQTs in preparation for the role of Subject Leader in a school.
Outline of event:
This series of network and CPD meetings will support you in becoming an effective leader of your subject within your school. Throughout the sessions you will be updated with a wide range of information, resources and strategies to assist you in your role.
There will always be a focus on keeping you up to date, including items such as current education thinking, assessment, curriculum, Ofsted updates as well as guidance on undertaking activities such as book scrutinies, learning walks etc.
You will also have the opportunity to network with colleagues from other schools to support collaboration and share ideas.
PLEASE NOTE THAT EACH MEETING BUILDS UPON THE PREVIOUS AND IT IS EXPECTED THAT YOU SHOULD ATTEND ALL 3 MEETINGS
Learning and Teaching Outcomes:
As a result of this event subject leaders will:
* become more secure in leading their subject effectively
* disseminate local and national information relating to their subject area(s) in school
* lead school development work
* support teachers in developing effective teaching and learning
* identify strategies to raise pupil attainment within their subject
* engage staff in creative teaching and learning opportunities
* track and analyse data to identify gaps in attainment and raise standards
We expect that all CPD will involve integral evaluation processes
Delegates will be notified of any pre-reading or materials required for this event, either by email or the confirmation of their attendance letter.
PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU OBTAIN THIS FROM THE PERSON DESIGNATED TO BOOK YOUR CPD.
CPD materials, website links and other information will be circulated through a subject specific group email or at the event.
Duration: this is a half day PM event
professional or governor standards:
2a 2d 3a 3b 5a 6a 6c
item code ~ event 108
Event Facilitator: Mandy Gravil