Head teacher Performance Management and Staff Appraisal: governors role in holding senior leaders to account
Outline of event:
This workshop will help governors to think about how they will make performance related pay decisions according to the PRP system.
Learning and Teaching Outcomes:
After completing this session governors will:
- understand the governing body's (GB’s) responsibilities on Performance Related Pay (PRP) for teaching staff;
- have had the opportunity to reflect on school’s current approach to PRP and to consider any changes necessary
- understand the importance of governors’ monitoring of their PRP policy and its application in order to ensure it is fair and objective; and
- understand what else needs to be done in preparation for any appeal (although this is not training for appeal panel members).
- Ensure that the changes identified in DfE guidance are considered in any revision to policies
We expect that all CPD will involve integral evaluation processes
item code ~ event 86
Event Facilitator: Lisa Devine