Safeguarding Roles and Responsibilities for School Governors
Outline of event:
This event will provide an update on latest Statutory Guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education' and offer suggestions for the practical and manageable monitoring of school arrangements in Safeguarding.
This course addresses the 'Knowledge' requirements as outlined in the Governor Competency Framework:
2A - Educational improvement - Someone on the board
* the requirements relating to the safeguarding of children in education including the Prevent duty
* the role of behaviour in maintaining a safe environment and promoting learning
5A - Statutory and contractual requirement - Everyone on the board
* duties relating to safeguarding
Learning and Teaching Outcomes:
As a result of attending this session governors will:
* be conversant with the latest statutory guidance on 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'
* be aware of governors' roles and responsibilities relating to safeguarding
We expect that all CPD will involve integral evaluation processes
It would be helpful if governors had read the latest version of 'Keeping Children Safe in Education' before attending this training.
item code ~ event 83
Event Facilitator: Lisa Devine