Educational Visits - Training for Overseas Visit Organisers and Expedition Leaders
Staff who wish to organise and lead visits and expeditions abroad - for both novice and experienced staff (there is no charge for those who have organised at least 3 previous overseas visits)
Outline of event:
This twilight (16.00-18.00) course has been designed for those staff wishing to organise and lead overseas visits(including exchange visits)and expeditions, especially for the first time (N.B. this is a bespoke course organised by East Riding staff ). Experienced visit leaders are also invited to attend and share ideas and information, and to provide helpful advice. The organisation and leadership of overseas visits is considerably more complex and demanding than many other school visits, and staff are recommended to undertake this training at an early stage of the planning process. This is a great opportunity to learn and share best practice regarding the organisation and leadership of visits abroad.
For schools/academies which have bought in to the Educational Visits and Outdoor Learning SLA the charge will be £12pp.
For schools/academies which have not bought in to the Educational Visits and Outdoor Learning SLA the charge will be £50pp.
Learning and Teaching Outcomes:
By the end of the course, participants should have the knowledge and skills to plan and lead visits abroad successfully and safely.
In particular, participants will be made aware of:
* the potential benefits and hazards associated with overseas expeditions and visits (including exchange visits)
* the roles and responsibilities of visit organisers and leaders
* relevant LA and national guidance/policy/procedures
* how to find and choose suitable tour operators
* relevant information to give parents and pupils
* recommended arrangements regarding insurance, finances, passports, host families, health and medical care, transport, security, accommodation, adventurous activities, staffing and supervision, remote supervision etc.
* how to identify and manage risks reasonably and proportionately
* how to access further training, support, and advice
We expect that all CPD will involve integral evaluation processes
Bring brochures and other information from previous visits abroad
item code ~ event 61
Event Facilitator: Taff Bowles