Educational Visits - Refresher training for Educational Visits Coordinators (EVCs) and Headteachers
Existing educational visits coordinators (EVCs) and head teachers
Outline of event:
These twilight training sessions (16.00 - 18.00) are intended for ALL existing educational visits coordinators in schools, and they provide an opportunity for EVC's to discuss concerns, share best practice, and be updated regarding current guidance, policies, and procedures. EVCs should attend a refresher course at least once every 3 years.
For schools/academies which have bought in to the Educational Visits and Outdoor Learning SLA the charge will be £12pp.
For schools/academies which have not bought in to the Educational Visits and Outdoor Learning SLA the charge will be £50pp.
For EVCs who cannot attend a central CPD event it might be possible to arrange for a training course inhouse instead. Please contact the LA Educational Visits Officer to discuss.
Feedback from previous course participants-
* Very informative - well paced and resourced
* The ed visits training is always very helpful and it is reassuring to know that outdoor learning is still very much encouraged
* Useful for updating and rechecking own practice
* Excellent to share current thinking
* Great to know that there is LA support for school visits and procedures are constantly being revised to make things easier for us
* Just right amount of time to update and refresh and remind staff
* Helpful and reassuring to hear a common sense approach
* Always helpful to take dedicated time to review procedures and policies
Learning and Teaching Outcomes:
By the end of the course, participants should be aware of:
* the latest guidance and best practice regarding the management of educational visits
* any changes to DfE or LA policies/procedures
* any changes to ROVER online
* any new safety issues and concerns
* lessons learned from any recent accidents/incidents nationally
Planned outcomes for the school include:
* increased competence and confidence amongst staff to lead visits safely and provide quality outdoor learning experiences
* an increase in the number of educational visits and outdoor learning opportunities
We expect that all CPD will involve integral evaluation processes
Bring copy of the school's Ed Visits policy and example documentation from past visits
Refer to the guidance on the Ed Visits webpage on www.eriding.net
item code ~ event 59
Event Facilitator: Taff Bowles