Educational Visits - Planning and Leadership - Training for Visit Organisers and Leaders
Visit Organisers and Leaders
Outline of event:
FULL DAY - These one-day courses have been devised by the National Outdoor Education Advisers Panel. The course has been introduced nationally to improve group leadership and management skills during visits. The course also considers the County's policies and procedures relating to educational visits, and demonstrates how to complete risk assessment forms and submit visit proposals for approval via ROVER Online. The course includes some practical experience outdoors, helping staff to identify potential hazards and to make sensible judgements regarding risk management.
For schools/academies which have bought in to the Educational Visits and Outdoor Learning SLA the charge will be £35pp (to cover cost of venue/refreshments/admin).
For schools/academies which have not bought in to the Educational Visits and Outdoor Learning SLA the charge will be £180pp.
Feedback from previous course participants-
* Excellent - one of the most valuable inset courses I have attended
* A very informative and enjoyable CPD course
* Whole day was very helpful and very well delivered
* A good helpful interesting course set in an ideal situation
* This has been an interesting and valuable part of my professional development
* Will be running more trips now as a result
* Excellent day - great mix of practical and theoretical - would recommend to others"
* Excellent pace and type of activities, and made extremely relevant to delegates needs"
Learning and Teaching Outcomes:
By the end of the course, participants should be aware of:
* the potential benefits and risks associated with educational visits and learning outside the classroom
* the roles and responsibilities of Visit Leaders and managers
* LA and school guidance/policy/procedures
* the legal framework and requirements
* recommended risk assessment procedures
* how to identify and manage risks reasonably and proportionately
* how to use ROVER online
* how to make the most of outdoor learning opportunities
* how to access further support and advice
Planned outcomes for the school include:
* increased competence and confidence amongst staff to lead visits safely and provide quality outdoor learning experiences
* an increase in the number of educational visits and outdoor learning opportunities
We expect that all CPD will involve integral evaluation processes
Some of the day will be spent outdoors so suitable outdoor clothing and footwear is essential
Refer to the guidance on the Ed Visits webpage on www.eriding.net
item code ~ event 57
Event Facilitator: Taff Bowles