Teaching Outdoor - Using the Beach
Primary Teachers and Teaching Assistants
Outline of event:
This course provides primary teachers and teaching assistants with an opportunity to learn and share a wide range of practical ideas for teaching aspects of the curriculum during visits to the beach. This is a twilight session from 16.00 - 18.00.
For schools/academies which have bought in to the Educational Visits and Outdoor Learning SLA the charge will be £12pp.
For schools/academies which have not bought in to the Educational Visits and Outdoor Learning SLA the charge will be £50pp.
Learning and Teaching Outcomes:
The overall aim is to develop the competence and confidence to teach effectively outside the classroom. The course will encourage teachers to explore the potential of using outdoor environments and to appreciate the place of experiential learning.
At the end of the course, participants should know how to:
* plan and prepare for lessons outside
* develop and use resources to promote learning
* identify and manage risks sensibly and proportionately
* manage groups safely and control behaviour effectively outdoors
* deliver quality lessons outdoors that inspire and enhance learning
* recognise potential cross curricular links and opportunities
* evaluate the effectiveness of outdoor learning
The impact upon the pupils should be positive and measurable in terms of:
We expect that all CPD will involve integral evaluation processes
Participants will be asked to bring and share ideas and resources.
See Learning Outside the Classroom website
item code ~ event 51
Event Facilitator: Taff Bowles