Moving Primary Subject Leadership Forward
English, Maths and Science Subject Leaders in Primary Schools
Outline of event:
These are a series of full day network and CPD meetings to support you in leading your subject within your own school. Throughout the year this outline will be updated with more specific information relating to the particular term's meetings. So it is important to keep a look out for this, as well as particular information about any guest speakers we are hoping to engage.
There will always be a focus on keeping you up to date. This will include items such as current education thinking, assessment, curriculum, Ofsted updates etc. There will also be subject specific content to enable you to reflect on your particular subject as well as supporting colleagues back in school.
Please note the dates for the specific subjects during the terms:-
Autumn Term :-
19th October 2017 Mathematics
24th October 2017 English
9th November 2017 Science
Spring Term :-
8th February 2018 Science
20th March 2018 Mathematics - Exciting event led by Andrew Jeffrey, please see separate booking event number 84
Summer Term :-
Science date 13th June
Learning and Teaching Outcomes:
As a result of this event subject leaders will:
* demonstrate that they are up-to-date and fully informed on all issues pertaining to managing their subject area
* disseminate local and national information relating to their subject area(s) in school
* lead school development work
* support teachers in developing effective teaching and learning
* identify strategies to raise pupil attainment within their subject
* engage staff in creative teaching and learning opportunities
* track and analyse data to identify gaps in attainment and raise standards
We expect that all CPD will involve integral evaluation processes
Delegates will be notified of any pre-reading or materials required for this event, either by email or the confirmation of their attendance letter.
PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU OBTAIN THIS FROM THE PERSON DESIGNATED TO BOOK YOUR CPD.
CPD materials, website links and other information will be circulated through a subject specific group email.
Duration: this is a full day event
professional or governor standards:
2a 3a 3b 4e 5d 8d
item code ~ event 36
Event Facilitator: Mandy Gravil