EYFS: Building and Sustaining Outstanding- An Outstanding Headteacher's Perspective
Headteachers / Senior managers / EYFS Phase leaders
Outline of event:
This half-day course is being delivered by a local Nursery Headteacher who has worked with all staff and governors to ensure that the EYFS provision is always high-quality with Outstanding outcomes for all children. This session will include practical ideas to support Leaders in enhancing the EYFS in their own schools.
The school leads on Beach and Forest School practice and has been included recently in national EYFS publications.
Delegates should select am or pm.
Learning and Teaching Outcomes:
The headteacher will describe her journey in the pursuit of excellence as a leader; successfully driving to maintain the highest level of outcomes for all children over a sustained period of time.
The session will consider:
* How to secure standards and build a culture to sustain improvements in teaching and learning.
* How to establish an ethos conducive to learning, enshrined in Early Years pedagogy.
* How to build a curriculum based on progress and attainment
* Look at the role of the adult, the environment and routines
* Review monitoring and evaluation systems that improve classroom practice
* Discuss the role of CPD and appraisal.
We expect that all CPD will involve integral evaluation processes
Please bring your school SEF to this event with the Development Matters documentation - thank you.
Duration: this is a half day AM event
professional or governor standards:
HT1 HT2 HT3 HT4
item code ~ event 23
Event Facilitator: Marion Hastings