CLA Designated Teacher & Governor Conference: Settling to Learn
This training is aimed at Governors, Designated Teachers and other school staff members involved with the education of Children Looked After (CLA) and or previously looked after children
Outline of event:
This conference aims to empower designated teachers and governors to fulfil their role by providing them with the knowledge and understanding of how to effectively promote the education of CLA. The key note speaker, Louise Michelle Bomber, is a strong advocate for attachment aware and trauma informed interventions within education. She is the author of the books ‘Inside I’m Hurting’, ‘What About Me?’ and she has co-authored ‘Settling Troubled Pupils to Learn: Why Relationships Matter in School’ together with Dan Hughes.
There will be a range of workshops running throughout the day that delegates will be able to attend. Different topics will be covered in each workshop, relating to supporting the education of Children Looked After and previously looked after children.
An agenda and choice of workshops will be emailed to all delegates before the Conference.
This training is from 09:00 to 15:45.
Cost: FREE. (Please note that non-attendance will result in a charge of £40).
Refreshments and lunch will be provided.
Please email Laura Mitchell at email@example.com to book your place. When emailing please provide your name, role within your school and email address.
Please book your place by Monday 18th June 2018 if you would like to attend. At the time of booking please inform us if you have any dietary requirements.
Learning and Teaching Outcomes:
• To increase knowledge about the impact of trauma and loss on CLA and previously looked after children.
• To understand the importance of building positive relationships with CLA and previously looked after children and the role of the key adult in school.
• To explore research and literature underpinning our understanding of the needs of CLA and previously looked after children.
• To explore a range of strategies and evidence-based interventions to help overcome barriers to learning.
• To share, discuss and reflect on good practice surrounding meeting the needs of CLA and previously looked after children.
We expect that all CPD will involve integral evaluation processes
Duration: this is a full day event
item code ~ event 133
Event Facilitator: June W