Cluster (South Hunsley and Howden) Head teacher Performance Management and Staff Appraisal: governor’s role in holding senior leaders to account
Governors of the South Hunsley and Howden Cluster
Outline of event:
This workshop will help governors to think about how they will make performance related pay decisions according to the PRP system.
The event will take place at Brough Primary School, on the 5th December 2017, 6.00pm - 8.00pm
Learning and Teaching Outcomes:
Attendance at this event will support and enable participants to;
• understand the governing body's (GB’s) responsibilities on Performance Related Pay (PRP) for teaching staff;
• have had the opportunity to reflect on school’s current approach to PRP and to consider any changes necessary
• understand the importance of governors’ monitoring of their PRP policy and its application in order to ensure it is fair and objective
• understand what else needs to be done in preparation for any appeal (although this is not training for appeal panel members).
• Ensure that the changes identified in DfE guidance are considered in any revision to policies
We expect that all CPD will involve integral evaluation processes
item code ~ event 129
Event Facilitator: Lisa Devine