CLA training for new and developing designated teachers
This training is for staff who work with Children Looked After (CLA) within their school.
Outline of event:
This full day training is to empower new and/or recent designated teachers to fulfil their role by providing them with the knowledge and understanding of how to effectively promote the education of CLA. The course will have a focus on the importance of this role in making a significant difference for CLA. There will be a session about how to produce a good or outstanding PEP document and effective use of LAC premium to maximise progress. What to include in an effective annual report to governors will be covered to enable the designated teacher to provide governors with appropriate information to fulfil their role.
The training will be delivered by the Vulnerable Children's Education Team (VCET).
This training is from 09:30 to 15:30.
Cost: FREE. Please note that non-attendance will result in a charge of £40.
Refreshments and lunch will be provided.
Venue: ERYC Worklink, Resource Centre, Eppleworth Road, Cottingham, HU16 5YF. Parking spaces are available at the venue.
Please email Laura Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place. When emailing please provide your name, role within your school and email address.
Please book your place by Wednesday 17th January 2018 if you would like to attend. At the time of booking please inform us if you have any dietary requirements.
Learning and Teaching Outcomes:
• To secure an understanding of the statutory responsibilities towards CLA.
• To develop the knowledge and confidence necessary to fulfil the role of the Designated Teacher to a good standard.
• To begin to identify key actions and next steps which will improve provision and outcomes for CLA pupils in school.
• To begin to develop an understanding of the implications of early life experiences upon the development of CLA.
• To recognise some of the key areas of difficulty which CLA pupils may present within the classroom
• To begin to develop an understanding of strategies which may be used to support CLA pupils within school
We expect that all CPD will involve integral evaluation processes
Duration: this is a full day event
item code ~ event 127
Event Facilitator: June W