CLA Designated Teacher & Governor Training - Secondary Schools
This training is for staff who support Children Looked After (CLA) within their secondary school and governors with responsibility for vulnerable students including CLA. Special School colleagues are welcome to attend this training.
Outline of event:
The aim of this training is to support schools, designated teachers and governors to work towards the developing outstanding practice in relation to supporting CLA pupils within the secondary school.
The key areas of focus will be:
• Updated guidance from the DFE and the implications of this for schools
• Updates from the ERYC Virtual School
• The views of CLA young people
• LAC funding – sharing good practice
• Self-evaluation workshop
• Action planning and next steps
Within the session, colleagues will have the opportunity to reflect on existing practice within their schools and identify actions which will further strengthen this.
The training will be delivered by the Vulnerable Children's Education Team (VCET).
This training is from 13:15 to 16:00.
Cost: FREE. Please note that non-attendance will result in a charge of £20.
Refreshments will be provided.
Venue: ERYC Worklink, Resource Centre, Eppleworth Road, Cottingham, HU16 5YF. Parking spaces are available at the venue.
Please email Laura Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place. When emailing please provide your name, role within your school and email address. Please book your place by Wednesday 7th March 2018 if you would like to attend.
Learning and Teaching Outcomes:
• To understand the roles and responsibilities of the designated teacher
• To know how to complete the East Riding PEP document
• To know what to include in an Annual Report to Governors
• To understand the impact of being looked after on a child’s education
We expect that all CPD will involve integral evaluation processes
Duration: this is a half day PM event
item code ~ event 125
Event Facilitator: June W