CLA Designated Teachers & Governor Training - Primary Schools
This training is for staff who support Children Looked After (CLA) within their primary school and governors with responsibility for vulnerable students including CLA. Special School colleagues are welcome to attend this training.
Outline of event:
The aim of this training is to support schools, designated teachers and governors to work towards the developing outstanding practice in relation to supporting CLA pupils within the primary school.
The key areas of focus will be:
• Updated guidance from the DFE and the implications of this for schools
• Updates from the ERYC Virtual School
• The views of CLA young people
• LAC funding – sharing good practice
• Self-evaluation workshop
• Action planning and next steps
Within the session, colleagues will have the opportunity to reflect on existing practice within their schools and identify actions which will further strengthen this.
The training will be delivered by the Vulnerable Children's Education Team (VCET).
This training is from 13:00 to 16:00.
Refreshments will be provided.
Venue: Bishop Burton College, York Road, Bishop Burton, Beverley, HU17 8QG. Parking spaces will be available at the college.
Learning and Teaching Outcomes:
• To understand the roles and responsibilities of the designated teacher
• To know how to complete the East Riding PEP document
• To know what to include in an Annual Report to Governors
• To understand the impact of being looked after on a child’s education
We expect that all CPD will involve integral evaluation processes
Duration: this is a half day PM event
item code ~ event 121
Event Facilitator: June W