Strong Governance: effective committee chairing
Outline of event:
This session will be delivered by Jane Lewis who is a National Leader of Governance. The session is designed for governors who are currently chairs of committees or those who are thinking about taking
on the role of committee chair.
The session will provide practical tips and examples including a check-list to support you develop and improve your committee working.
Learning and Teaching Outcomes:
Attendance at this event will support and enable participants to understand;
- What makes a good Committee Chair?
- What the role is of a Committee Chair?
- How to plan the Committee agenda?
- Why we have terms of reference?
- What a good work plan looks like?
- How we feedback to the Governing Body without re-running the meeting?
We expect that all CPD will involve integral evaluation processes
professional or governor standards:
G1a G1c G1d G1e G2a G3a G4a G6a G6b
item code ~ event 109
Event Facilitator: Lisa Devine