The Nurturing Programme
Primary Schools only
Outline of event:
This Family Links 2-day training course (you must attend both days) promotes a consistent approach to positive behaviour management and equips staff to work effectively with parents and children on a one-to-one basis or in settings such as children's centres.
Learning and Teaching Outcomes:
Nurturing Programme Features -
- The Nurturing Programme encourages an approach to relationships that gives children and parents an emotionally healthy springboard for their lives and their learning.
- Promotes emotional literacy and emotional health.
- Enhances self-esteem, self awareness and empathy.
- Develops communication and relationship skills.
- Provides effective strategies to encourage co-operative, responsible behaviour and manage challenging behaviour in children.
The Training Course Promotes -
- Personal and professional reflection.
- Knowledge of how to improve parents' self self-esteem, confidence and skills to encourage positive behaviour in children.
- Problem-solving approach to work with parents.
- Skills in one-to-one mentoring to develop trust and build relationships with parents.
- A partnership approach to work with parents.
- Consistency of practice amongst all professionals and also team and multi-agency work.
The Parenting Puzzle -
Each person attending the training course is given a copy of "The Parenting Puzzle" book. This book is an illustrating and easy-to-use guide presented in a friendly, informal way. It is a valuable tool for professionals supporting families in one-to-one work, and encourages parents and carers to enjoy bringing up children and get the best out of family life.
We expect that all CPD will involve integral evaluation processes
Duration: this is a full day event
item code ~ event 101
Event Facilitator: Julie Anderson